Archive for January 2019

Michael Patrick Malady, 41, of Hoki Street, Warrnambool, pleaded guilty in the Warrnambool Magistrates Court to causing criminal damage and unlawful assault. AN angry offender who smashed a window of his partner’s car and bashed her daughter during an alcohol-fuelled mid-morning argument has been placed on a community corrections order.
苏州美甲美睫培训学校

Michael Patrick Malady, 41, of Hoki Street, Warrnambool, pleaded guilty in the Warrnambool Magistrates Court to causing criminal damage and unlawful assault.

He was placed on a 12-month community corrections order which involves assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for alcohol, drugs and mental health issues.

Police said Malady and his partner had been together for three years and on the morning of September 18 were drinking with her mother and daughter.

At 11.40am they argued and Malady demanded his partner leave the home. He threw her clothes out a window, called her names and kicked and smashed a window of her car.

The woman left to seek alternate accommodation but returned to check on the welfare of her mother and daughter.

The daughter armed herself with a stick when she heard Malady make a threat to kill her mother, but he took the stick from her and punched her to the face.

Police were called and arrested Malady, who admitted breaking the window but said he only punched the daughter because she was assaulting him with the stick.

During a previous hearing a magistrate said Malady was a huge man, was clearly enraged, there was alcohol involved and any self-defence response was excessive.

Solicitor Kiernan Celestina said his client admitted pushing the victim with an open hand to the face. He said Malady had a bad reaction to events on the day and admitted his actions were inappropriate.

Magistrate Peter Mellas said photos of the victim showed bleeding and injuries to her face and it looked like a significant assault. He said it appeared that Malady blew up every couple of years and the recent offending was part of a long-term pattern.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.

John Knight.DUDLEY residents who have been isolated for days with no mobile phone reception are angry Optus failed to notify them of a planned outage.
苏州美甲美睫培训学校

Optus said the Dudley tower had been switched off between February 25 and March 1 during an upgrade to bring stronger 4G coverage to the area.

A spokesperson from Optus told the Newcastle Herald it ‘‘contacts customers to let them know when their service may be affected, and what they can do to stay connected’’.

During this time,with no, or very little service, including three days in which only emergency calls could be made, numerous residents said ‘‘no one was notified’’.

Ross Partridge, a self employed electrician who runs his business from home, said he called Optus last Thursday and was told there would be no reception for a week.

’’When you’re running a business, it’s a joke,’’ Mr Partridge said.

‘‘It’s a planned outage and they’ve not given anyone any notification … it’s an essential service like electricity, you can’t just do that.’’

Dudley corner store owner said elderly customers had been confused and thought their own phones were at fault.

Oceanview Hotel publican John Knight who relies ‘‘massively’’ on his mobile to book the hotels’ entertainment said it was a ‘‘disgrace’’.

‘‘It’s a shut down … and we were not notified at all,’’

An Optus spokesperson said a text was sent on February 19 checking to all customers whose billing addresses indicated their service would be affected by the upgrade work.

Optus said an unrelated transmission issue was discovered at Dudley tower on March 3.

‘‘Optus technicians are on site working to fully restore mobile services as a priority…we appreciate customers’ patience and apologise for any recent service interruptions’’ a spokesperson said.

AARON ROYLEOLYMPIC dreams will be pushed firmly to the back of Aaron Royle’s mind as he focuses on a more immediate reality – the season-opening International Triathlon Union world series race in Abu Dhabi on Saturday.
苏州美甲美睫培训学校

The short-course showdown is the first of 10 world series races Royle plans to contest this year, but his ultimate challenge will be a separate Olympic test event to be held on the same course as the Rio 2016 Games in August.

That race will provide a chance to qualify for next year’s Olympics. Finishing as the top-placed Australian, and inside the first 10, will secure automatic qualification.

Royle, the 25-year-old from Maryland, said it was important not to be distracted from the task at hand.

‘‘It’s all about producing my best performance and worrying about the processes, rather than the outcome,’’ he told the Newcastle Herald.

‘‘We won’t be talking about finishing top10. It’s all about focusing on doing our best and hopefully the byproduct will be selection.

‘‘But of course I’m thinking about Rio. I started thinking about Rio four years ago.

‘‘But there’s other races I need to perform in before then, so I’m just aiming to do my best in each race along the way.’’

Royle, who was 10th on last year’s world rankings, had no qualms about Olympic selection riding on a one-off race, rather than consistency over the course of a long season.

‘‘That’s what the Olympics is,’’ he said. ‘‘It’s one race and it’s about who can step up on that day and perform in a pressure scenario.

‘‘It is quite different racing throughout a series rather than just target a big race.

‘‘The Olympics is a once-in-every-four-years chance, and you have to do it on that day.’’

After a successful 2014, in which he placed third in the opening race of the ITU season, collected a team bronze medal at the Commonwealth Games, and scored a hat-trick of second-tier race wins in Las Vegas, Noosa and Nepean, Royle was hoping to use that as a springboard to bigger and better things.

‘‘If I could finish in the top eight in Abu Dhabi it would be a good start,’’ he said.

Gnotuk State School, circa 1917-20, with headmaster Gerard Reidy first on the right.BEFORE Gnotuk Primary School’s closure more than two decades ago it was the heart of the farming community just west of Camperdown.
苏州美甲美睫培训学校

The school opened in 1902 and a year later reached its peak, its intake of pupils reaching 131.

On Saturday, former pupils and staff will come together to share memories of a close-knit school community.

A time capsule of stories from children who attended the school in the late 1970s will also be opened.

Former student Joanne Cook, one of the organisers of the reunion, said the school would average between 50 and 64 children before its closure in 1993.

The school, now demolished, overlooked Lake Gnotuk and each year there would be school picnics and sports days with the other local schools including Bookaar, Chocolyn, Talindert and Tesbury.

“We had a beautiful timber playground with a fort and climbing equipment and the views were spectacular,” she said.

She said school plays were always a big occasion and the hall would be filled with parents.

Mrs Cook was one of the children who put work in the time capsule and said from what she could remember it was a story about what they were going to be when they grew up.

She said Nancy Fowler was the longest-serving teacher, starting when Mrs Cook’s mother was at the school in 1955. Mrs Fowler, nee Quick, left for 13 years to raise her own children and then returned in the 1970s until she retired in 1990.

The reunion will be held at the Camperdown Guide Hall in Manifold Street from 2pm. Those attending have been asked to bring a plate and a gold coin donation will go towards hiring the hall.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.

DANIEL MULLEN DANIEL Mullen is back where he feels most comfortable.
苏州美甲美睫培训学校

Deployed mostly as a right fullback at Western Sydney Wanderers and Melbourne Victory, Mullen has settled in the heart of the Jets defence.

In partnership with Taylor Regan, the 25-year-old has helped right a ship that had leaked a whopping 35 goals in 15 games when he was signed from Western Sydney.

‘‘I love playing centre back,’’ Mullen said in between training sessions on Tuesday. ‘‘That was one of the main reasons I wasn’t so happy before.

‘‘Playing at right back is all well and good, but when you have a body like mine, it is hard to be mobile and agile.’’

Mullen’s arrival followed the mass sacking of senior players, including central defenders Kew Jaliens and Adrian Madaschi.

Since the shambolic 7-0 defeat to Adelaide, which was the tipping point for a failed player coup against coach Phil Stubbins, the Jets have conceded five goals in four outings.

‘‘It’s hard for me to say what the difference has been because I have only been here a few weeks,’’ Mullen said.

‘‘Since I have come in we have worked really well together and been defending as a unit, starting from the front.’’

Next up is a rampant Sydney FC side at Hunter Stadium on Friday night.

‘‘In the past couple of games they have got some cohesion back and are looking pretty dangerous,’’ Mullen said. ‘‘We will have to be on our toes.’’

Sydney have exploded into form with 19 goals in five games. Towering Austrian striker Marc Janko has contributed eight of them.

‘‘When you come up against teams with that sort of quality, they will test you, certainly a lot more than we have in the past couple of weeks,’’ Mullen said.

‘‘You look at Janko. He is very confident at the moment and starting to play some really good football. It will be something different, too, obviously, with his height.’’

Standing 1.96m, Janko is the tallest skyscraper in the league and has 10cm on Mullen and Regan. But, as he showed with his brace against Wanderers, the marquee has quick feet and is potent on the ground.

‘‘They are a good team because they have quite a few options,’’ Mullen said.

‘‘They can play the long ball and work off Janko, but they can also play little combinations in and around the box.’’

Daniel Mullen playing against the Central Coast Mariners on Saturday.

Sydney also have former golden boot Shane Smeltz, former Socceroos regular Alex Brosque and rising star Bernie Ibini in their attacking arsenal.

‘‘Sydney have a tremendous forward line,’’ said Jets midfielder Ben Kantarovski, who returns from suspension with Sydney-bound Andrew Hoole.

‘‘They have Terry Antonis and Bernie Ibini in midfield as well, who are threats going forward. We have to make sure we close Antonis down early and not give him too much time. That is key for all their midfielders.

‘‘They are pretty good on the ball. We have to make sure we get on them early with our pressure and block the passing lanes in behind.’’

Kantarovski is confident the Jets can cause the visitors some problems of their own.

‘‘Sydney have had some good results in the past couple of weeks, but they also have some weaknesses which we are going to try and exploit,’’ he said. ‘‘They have a few injuries and suspensions, especially in their back line.’’

Hoole played striker in a shape drill at training on Tuesday in a sign that Stubbins may be considering a tweak in personnel.