Archive for the ‘南京夜网’ Category

Nathan Tinkler.A BATTLE is looming over the funds from four Gold Coast properties that embattled Jets owner Nathan Tinkler is selling to Hong Kong casino king Tony Fung.
Nanjing Night Net

The sale of the four Patinack Farm properties – Benobble, Elysian Fields, Sarahville and Wadham Park – is expected to raise almost $20million.

A spokesperson for Mr Fung said he had bid for the properties when they were put to auction late last year.

‘‘The sale was completed by negotiation,’’ the spokesman said.

Retail billionaire Gerry Harvey told The Australian newspaper on Tuesday that Mr Tinkler still owed him about $23million from a debt that had peaked at about $60million.

He told the paper the money from the sale would reduce Mr Tinkler’s debt to between $4million and $6million.

But Tinkler’s US-based financier, Jeffries Group, has reportedly put a caveat over the Queensland properties.

A source familiar with the sale said that other people owed money by Mr Tinkler were interested in getting their hands on some of the money, and a court battle was likely.

An earlier deal to sell the entire Patinack Farm business to a Dubai company never eventuated and Mr Harvey recouped millions of dollars in debt by selling hundreds of Tinkler horses through his Magic Millions auction house.

Mr Fung’s spokesman said he was aware of the battle between Mr Tinkler’s creditors but Mr Fung was confident he had ‘‘clear title’’ to the farms.

The Fungs are described as long-term Hong Kong traders and bankers with interests around the world.

Tony Fung owns various wagyu beef breeding properties and cane plantations in Queensland and his Aquis Group bought the ACT’s Casino Canberra in 2014.

Aquis is also planning a multi-billion-dollar casino and resort at Yorkeys Knob, north of Cairns.

Surfing chef and former Warrnambool student Jabez Reitman is back at work after recovering from a shark attack at Seven Mile Beach, south of Byron Bay, in February.
Nanjing Night Net

JABEZ Reitman’s amazing survival from a NSW shark attack last month made worldwide media waves, but his first close encounter was near Port Fairy as a teenager.

“I know what it’s like to look into their eyes and see the blackness,” he said this week as he prepared to go back chasing waves near his new home at Byron Bay.

“Back in the late ’90s when I was living around Warrnambool I was at a remote surfing spot near Port Fairy and a big shark circled me. It was bigger than my board — very scary.

“It was chasing a seal which went into seaweed and then it came back towards me. Luckily I caught a wave and escaped to a reef.”

Mr Reitman celebrated his 36th birthday this week, more circumspect about dangers lurking in the ocean but still with a passion for surfing, which blossomed as he attended primary schools in Warrnambool and Grassmere and later Warrnambool College before pursuing a career as chef.

Having a wife and 20-month-old daughter has given him a deeper sense of survival after the February 8 attack by a bull shark at Seven Mile Beach — a day before a Japanese surfer was killed by a shark at Shelly Beach, Ballina.

Mr Reitman’s injuries.

“The media frenzy was insane,” he said.

His near-death story started just before dawn when he drove to a favourite secluded beach, taking an inexperienced female surfer to show before she headed overseas.

“I pulled her out through a 40-metre gutter and stopped paddling for about 20 to 30 seconds when a pod of dolphins went past,” he said.

“A set (of waves) was coming and as I leant forward to grab the nose of my board there was a big whitewater splash. I saw the side of a nose as it hit me on the cheekbone.

“Then I was taken under the water. I surfaced and thought ‘aw, that stings’ and realised it wasn’t a dolphin.

“She thought I was teasing her until I paddled past and she saw the wound and blood.

“I saw the panic in her eyes. When we got to shore we had to walk 200 metres to the car. She didn’t have a licence, so I had to drive the 15 kilometres to hospital.”

Mr Reitman underwent emergency surgery to repair deep bites in his back, stretching from hip to shoulder, and was in hospital four days before three weeks of recuperation. He returned to work this week.

His encounter opened an opportunity to become an ambassador for surfing safety, with appearances likely at major competitions including Bell’s Beach and Margaret River.

As Mr Reitman steps into his new public profile, his mother Felicite Wylie of Bushfield is following her passion for the sea aboard a replica 15th-century caravel with partner Graeme Wylie.

As well as becoming a surfing safety adviser he will also be promoting a product called Wristbanz which produces a magnetic field.

Mr Reitman said he was wearing one earlier this summer when a tiger shark chased him at Ballina, but turned away when it came close.

On the day of his Byron Bay attack he did not have the band because he had misplaced it.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Harness racing lovers in Maitland will soon be able to sit in the shade to watch competitors go around the city’s paceway.
Nanjing Night Net

The state government has given Maitland Harness Racing Club a grant worth $14,500 to build a roof over three small track-side grandstands at Maitland Showground.

Harness racing driver Robert Smith, Maitland Harness Racing Club president Peter Allen and secretary Wayne Smith with Liberal candidate for Maitland Steve Thomson.

Maitland MP Robyn Parker and Liberal candidate for Maitland Steve Thomson announced the funding on Tuesday.

Harness racing club president Peter Allen said the club would also contribute about $5000 to the project.

He said the plans for the shelter had been drawn and the club would lodge a development application with Maitland City Council as soon as possible.

“Anyone who wants to come and watch events in the centre ring, they’ll be able to get out of the sun,” Mr Allen said.

“The complaint we get most from the harness racing people is that they have nowhere to get out of the sun or the rain.

“This funding is going to be such a boost for our sport.”

Mr Thomson said the new facilities would be a positive addition to the showground for the harness racing club and other users of the site.

“If you have the facilities to sit in the shade, they are there for the trots, they are there for everything else, it’s fantastic,” he said.

Ms Parker said the club missed out on a previous round of Community Building Partnership funding, so she approached Premier Mike Baird and asked if the government could help the harness racing club.

“We felt it was a really good project that needed support, not only for harness racing but for multi purpose use for the rest of the community,” she said.

“It’s a delight, on behalf of the NSW government, to support harness racing in this way and provide an all-weather environment.”

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Just a note to our wonderful wildlife, just to let you know, that your life is worthless.
Nanjing Night Net

Your homes, amongst our wonderful farmland, and your watering holes, destroyed because our greedy politicians and national companies want your lands to exploit and destroy after millions of years of creation.

These dirty thieves only see dollar signs and do not care for the beauty of the landscape nor the environment.

The farming community is also at a loss and some will move out and start afresh elsewhere. Others will move into town and retire and it becomes the end of another era.

Again, don’t rely on the Environment Department and the EPA as they all bow down to the multinational companies and this is called progress.

Oh, it’s job opportunities is it?

It’s also greed of shareholders so that they can have their big, fancy houses with their flash cars and swimming pools.

So you see, with all this progress bulldozers will destroy your homes, cover you up under the dirt as you will not have time to get out of the way. Another environment will just become an empty shell.

Yes I am talking about the frogs, snakes, lizards, native mice, birds and a hell of a lot of other native species, but what the heck, they aren’t paying taxes or contributing to the high cost of living and the economy.

I just know what kind of world I would like to live in and am glad not to be here in another 50 or 100 years as I believe that Australia deserves better than what is currently happening to it.

Ron de Bouter

Loomberah

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Tamworth’s AE Stannard queries the level of respect that some elected representatives show to the members of the community.
Nanjing Night Net

“Stop the Clock” was the front page headline on The Northern Daily Leader (Saturday, February 28) supported by a photo of federal Environment Minister Greg Hunt, Minister for Agriculture Barnaby Joyce and state member Kevin Anderson.

Mr Hunt announced the federal decision concerning Shenhua Watermark coal mine was due on March 13 but the issues have been referred back to the Independent Expert Assessment Commission for further examination.

Mr Hunt is utilising legislation put through parliament by Tony Windsor, when Julia Gillard was prime minister, aimed at assessing all adverse impact developments may have on this nation’s water resources.

At the time the legislation was being debated, Mr Hunt was the opposition spokesperson on the environment and Barnaby Joyce was a Queensland senator.

Surely we would expect that both these gentlemen would be fully conversant with the act, its implication and application.

Mr Hunt, Mr Joyce and Mr Anderson have wasted the past two years not hearing the concerns and doubts of the community, during which time the appropriate water modelling and other scientific data would have been assessed.

In my view these three gentlemen have failed in their responsibility towards the community they represent in that they failed to comprehend that the issues are not solely about coal, fertile soil and water, but the emotional turmoil and distress families are enduring while their parliamentary representations twiddle their thumbs.

This last-minute announcement by the minister indicates that the community’s concerns are not treated with the respect they deserve.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Charmaine Crawford, 24, of Laverock Road, has pleaded not guilty in the Warrnambool Magistrates Court to breaching an intervention order, resisting police and behaving in an offensive manner.A WARRNAMBOOL mother fighting police charges can be clearly heard in the background of a triple 0 call yelling and screaming before officers arrived at her home.
Nanjing Night Net

Charmaine Crawford, 24, of Laverock Road, has pleaded not guilty in the Warrnambool Magistrates Court to breaching an intervention order, resisting police and behaving in an offensive manner.

Ms Crawford has been the subject of an intervention order, banning her from engaging in domestic violence while in the presence of her eight-month-old son.

On June 30 last year her partner called police saying there was an IVO in place, she was “going nuts”, highly anxious, yelling and swearing and stopping cars in the street.

Senior Constable Emmeline McKinnon said when police arrived Ms Crawford could be heard yelling and screaming obscenities from the Laverock Road home.

She said Ms Crawford’s partner had their eight-month-old son in his arms while she had barricaded herself behind a cot. She was alleged to have repeatedly sworn and told police to get out of her home.

Ms Crawford then locked herself in a bedroom and police forced open the bedroom door.

Senior Constable McKinnon determined there had been family violence in the home, with Ms Crawford as the aggressor and told her she was being detained in custody.

Once placed in the back of a divisional van, Senior Constable McKinnon said Ms Crawford made obscene and highly offensive comments, which continued at the police station.

The case will continue before magistrate Peter Mellas later this month.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

THE issue of parents taking their children out of school for a family holiday has raised the ire of Leader readers.
Nanjing Night Net

The education department has changed the rules for these scenarios with a crackdown on temporary leave.

Many of our readers believe it’s Big Brother gone too far and the department should keep its nose out of family business.

We all know families who have hit the road with their kids in tow for amonth-long, two-month, evensix-month adventure holiday.

These parents will tell you their children learn a great deal from these kinds of trips.

There may not be a lot of formal grammar and maths lessons, but for the young, life experience – meeting new people, seeing how other people live, learning about different places – is just as valuable.

Taking a child out for a block of time once in a while is a lot different, too, from parents who can’t be bothered sending their kids to school. This is negligence of the highest order and should not be tolerated in any form.

And perhaps the age of the child also has some bearing on this debate.

Taking a student in the upper levels of high school away for an extended period is a different story to a young child in primary school, but it could be argued parents have enough sense to appreciate this distinction.

Maybe the department would argue the cost of school holiday accommodation is no justification for taking kids out during term, but in this day and age it’s a reality, particularly for a larger family.

For some, the economics simply can’t be ignored.

There are also times when parents’ and childrens’ holidays just don’t mesh.

So, for the sake of spending some time away as a family, a school absense is necessary.

Kids are kids for what can seem like the blink of an eye, and families are together under the one roof for a comparitively short time.

The family holiday is something to cherish, and sometimes it’s just not possible for this to span a school holiday break.

Responsible parents should not be discouraged from giving this kind of gift to their kids.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

AUSTRALIA is at risk of “losing the battle” against family violence, says Member for Mallee Andrew Broad.
Nanjing Night Net

Rosie Batty and Andrew Broad.

He said he was alarmed to learn two women a week were killed by partners or former partners in Victoria, and something needed to change.

Mr Broad was not alone in his concern, as Australian of the Year and passionate anti-family violence campaigner Rosie Batty addressed more than 40 parliamentarians in Canberra on Monday night.

The Nationals’ MP helped facilitate the forum on family violence as part of his role on the Parliamentarians Against Family Violencecommittee.

He said “you could have heard a pin drop” as Ms Batty, whose son Luke was killed by his father Greg Anderson last year, told her story and urged MPs not to blame the victims of domestic violence.

“Rosie didn’t take a backward step – she was pretty clear about what she thinks needs to happen,” Mr Broad said.

“Seventeen to 19-year-olds’ attitudes toward women with respect to violence are declining, not improving, which is a worry. We’vegot a long way to go.”

For more of this story, purchase your copy of Wednesday’s Sunraysia Daily 04/03/2015.To subscribe to our Digital Edition Click here

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Malachy Legg, 29, of Princes Highway, pleaded guilty in the Warrnambool Magistrates Court to the charge which breached a suspended jail sentence.A PORT Fairy man with an extensive criminal record has been jailed for a fortnight after failing to have an alcohol interlock device on his car.
Nanjing Night Net

Malachy Legg, 29, of Princes Highway, pleaded guilty in the Warrnambool Magistrates Court to the charge which breached a suspended jail sentence.

He was jailed for seven days and on the breach of suspended sentence will serve 14 days. The sentences will run concurrently.

Legg was stopped at a booze bus site along the Princes Highway at Warrnambool on July 13 last year, where a driver’s licence check revealed he had an alcohol interlock condition on his licence for three years.

There was no alcohol interlock device fitted to his car.

After sentencing yesterday, Legg appealed against the severity of the penalty and was released on bail until an appeal hearing in the Warrnambool County Court.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Sometimes you’ve just got to have fun.
Nanjing Night Net

When The Mercury heard about a global competition to get our city’s name on an icon of our culture – the Monopoly board – we got excited.

How good would it be to sit down to a game of Monopoly and see Maitland right there on the map?

We dreamt up a scheme to contact people in other cities called Maitland around the world and enlist them to the cause. We were given a chance to spruik this on national television.

We’ve been on phones, social media and email to unite Maitlands of the globe. And today we bring you the news that Maitland, South Australia, had embraced the cause.

And be warned – we aren’t finished yet.

Why are we so interested? And why has this campaign attracted global attention?

If you’re reading this, there’s every chance the game has featured somewhere in your life.

Have you ever heard a final verdict punctuated with the words: “Do not pass GO, do not collect $200”? Have you referred to a “Get Out of Jail Free” card when you’ve found a way to get yourself off the hook?

Monopoly has probably seen you through rainy afternoons and hours of anticipation, sprawled on the loungeroom floor with family or friends.

Sure, there were fights over who got to be banker. You probably spat the dummy when you saw someone stealing. And there’s been many a house-rules showdown over the Free Parking kitty.

Monopoly has an indelible place in our culture. It’s the stuff of memories. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if our beautiful city was part of that phenomenon in years to come?

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.