Police charge alleged tyre slasherAn accused tyre slasher will face Dubbo Local Court next month as a victim calls for anyone found guilty of the offence to reimburse her for her replacement tyre costs.
A 27-year-old local man was arrested and charged with 15 counts of destroy or damage property after a lengthy investigation by detectives on Monday. Police reported the breakthrough on Tuesday, also saying they expected to lay further charges at court.
Strike Force Alhambra, comprising detectives from Orana Local Area Command, was established to investigate a string of tyre slashings, up to 50 reported victims, mainly in Dubbo’s south.
Tiarra Triplett, who told the Daily Liberal in February of having three tyres slashed, welcomed the arrest and praised police on Tuesday.
She said it was good someone had been charged, and that hopefully it was the guilty person.
The motorist said so many people had been victims and they should not be left out of pocket.
“I would like to be reimbursed – until that happens I’m not going to be over the moon,” she said.
“It cost me $300 to have three tyres replaced.
“One of my mates had it happen to eight tyres.”
Ms Triplett said in the aftermath of the attack on her tyres it left her feeling like could happen again.
In the past six months at least two people told the Daily Liberal they had their tyres slashed.
Tyre businesses said they had served a number of customers with the same sort of puncture in the side wall of the tyre.
Last month the Daily Liberal reported that Dubbo City Councillor Ben Shields called for authorities to offer a reward to catch those responsible for the offence in the hope someone might dob them in.
The man charged with the 15 counts of destroying or damaging property was given conditional bail to appear in Dubbo Local Court on April 15.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.